(formerly the Aboriginal Languages Initiative – ALI)
Call for Proposals 2020-2021
Background Information – Canadian Heritage:
The Indigenous Languages Act received Royal Assent on June 21, 2019. Canadian Heritage is collaborating with Indigenous organizations to implement the Act and to develop a new approach to investing in Indigenous languages. While this work is being carried out, the funding for 2020-2021 will be delivered through the Indigenous Languages and Cultures Program (ILCP).
The Indigenous Languages Component (formerly known as the Aboriginal Languages Initiative) of the Indigenous Languages and Cultures Program (ILCP) is now accepting funding applications for the 2020-2021 fiscal year. The Indigenous Languages and Cultures Program is a Canadian Heritage funding program, and the First Nations Confederacy of Cultural Education Centres (FNCCEC) is working in collaboration with Canadian Heritage on Indigenous languages.
The FNCCEC is accepting Indigenous Languages Component (ILC) funding proposals from First Nation organizations and/or communities in Ontario.
First Nation organizations / communities in Ontario who are planning to submit an application, please read the required information which will assist in the development of your proposal:
- Application Guidelines – Indigenous Languages Component (highlights funding eligibilities and ineligibilities)
- Application Documents Checklist – Annex A
- Example General Application Form (Annex A – B – C)
- Example Participatory Activity Table and Resource Table (Annex C – Part C)
- Example Budget (Annex D)
- Un-incorporated Applicant Acceptance of Liability Form
Mandatory Requirements: Application Forms And Deadline
Applicants are required to use the following templates:
- 2020-2021 Application Forms: Annex A – C, please print and sign Annex B of application form, and send scanned copy of signed form
- 2020-2021 Budget Form: Annex D
- Un-incorporated Applicant Acceptance of Liability Form (if needed)
Please Note: Applications will not be accepted if these templates are not used.
The deadline for applications is FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 7TH, 2020 at 11:59 PM (LOCAL OTTAWA TIME). No applications will be accepted after February 7th, 2020.
Applicants can be sent by EMAIL or MAIL:
Please ensure proposal application is emailed no later than Friday, February 7th, 2020 at 11:59 PM local Ottawa time – FNCCEC email system will confirm the date and time the email was sent by applicant and received by FNCCEC.
666 Kirkwood Avenue, Suite 302
Ottawa, Ontario K1Z5X9
Mailed applications must be postmarked on or before deadline date Friday, February 7th, 2020 at 11:59 PM – local Ottawa time
The objective of the Indigenous Languages and Cultures Program (ILC) is to support community-based projects that contribute to the strengthening of First Nations cultural identity as well as preservation and revitalization of First Nation languages for the benefit of First Nation people.
- Priority will be given to proposals that are community based language projects with a main focus on language learning and development for children and youth. Community based language projects can include but not limited to: language resource development, cultural development, language training and/or revitalization of language use through technology.
- Project activity can only take place over a period of July 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021.
- Activities must be participatory or resource and applications can not have more than three activities.
- The total amount of funding requested should be between $25,000.00 to $200,000.00
- Applicants are encouraged to submit one proposal, however, applicants can submit more that one application, but please note that where multiple applications are submitted by one organization or community, the total amount of combined funding requested cannot exceed $200,000.00 regardless of how many applications are submitted by one organization or community.
Inquiries Or Assistance:
Should you have any questions or require assistance, please contact FNCCEC either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 613-728-5999.
We look forward to receiving your application to the ILC funding program.
Kitchi Megwetch / Thank you
Claudette Commanda, Executive Director
Christine Stevens, Program Manager